Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What's in a (domain) name?

Part my current process is figuring out some sort of moniker. Something to call what I'm doing. Personally, I'm not a name-generation wizard. If left to my own devices, I'd try 'Pantium' or pantalones.com, maybe even something as silly as boopboop.org.

Truth be told, boopboop.org is my current personal/family domain name. For those who don't know, it has more to do with syrup dropping on pancakes (boop-boop-boop). Tapatio hot sauce is 'man boopboop', Cholula is 'girl boopboop'. It has nothing to do with Betty Boop. I guess that's what you get when you let a 3 year-old pick your domain name. It stuck and I'm not giving it up.

So, what do you get when an adult picks the domain name? It isn't much better. woodward-inv.com, woodwardinvestment.com, woodwardinvestments.com? All boring, but a bit more grown up and representative of a legitimate business that I currently have that holds some investment property. It's the closest thing to a business that I have going now. OK, it is a business.

Photograph provided under Creative Commons license by Flickr user Eric in SF.

No comments: